We naturally get a lot of questions about the leasing process, our fees, and other things that pique the curiosity. We've listed a few below, but if you have a question not shown here,
contact us and we'll get back to you ASAP.
- How much does it cost to rent my property with Kumba?
The generally accepted rate for full service property managers like Kumba Realty and Property Management is as follows:
- Tenant's first month's rent - This goes towards advertising the property, coordinating all repair and maintenance before it is rented, the independent professional inspection of the property, and commission for the Realtor who finds a qualified tenant for your property.
- A small percentage of each month's rent - We handle the bookkeeping, payment collections, phone support (24 / 7 / 365) , and other administrative tasks including handling late payments, 3 day notices, communicating with your HOA, and enforcing the lease contract.
- Lease renewal fee - Before your tenant renews their lease, we send someone out to perform an evaluation of the property and let you know how they're taking care of it. This prevents long term neglect of your property.
- That's it! No other fees! - No hidden fees, no surprises. We don't get paid until you do.
In exchange, you get the services of a full service property manager.
- Why does Company X charge less then that?
Generally speaking, companies charging minimal fees for property management are not full service PMs or find other ways to make up those cheap prices by charging fees for various services that end up adding up to make the difference. Some PMs charge transaction fees to every repair or maintenance item.
Kumba chooses to make things simple and transparent so you can have the peace of mind of knowing that we aren't going to invent new ways to charge you when you least expect it.
Not all Property Managers hide fees, but we recommend ALWAYS researching those fees before signing with someone else.
- What do I get for that price?
Kumba Property Management is a FULL SERVICE property management company. That means we take care of every headache associated with property management so you don't have to worry about it.
You also get the comfort of knowing that we will never charge you additional fees or nickel and dime you for things that you expect to be included.
For a quick list of what makes Kumba different, see our Leasing Guide
For a complete list of our services, see our full list of responsibilities.
- How do you handle repair work on my home?
When an issue comes to our attention, we follow these steps
Discovery Phase - We collect as much information about a problem as we can. We triage the problem, and see if it can be solved over the phone or if it requires on-location attention.
Get Estimates and Budget - If the problem in question looks like it will be costly, we work to coordinate with our vendors and other vendors in the area to get estimates for the work to be done. We get that information to you, the home owner, in order to make the best decision based on your budget.
Coordinate Maintenance - The Kumba Team will be there to coordinate with tenants and vendors to make sure the property can be serviced in a timely manner. We will assist with scheduling and communication during this time, keeping everyone working towards solving the problem and making sure things don't fall through the cracks.
Follow Up - Once the work has been reported as complete, we will conduct the necessary follow up that the situation requires. This will often include phone or email follow up with the vendor and the tenants, in order to insure the work was done completely. You will then receive a status update as soon as that is completed.
- How do you handle emergencies?
In the event of an emergency, the Kumba team will often be the first to be informed and will take immediate action to:
- Insure the safety and health of residents
- Prevent any further damage or loss of value of the property
- Make you, the owner, aware of the issue
In the event of a serious emergency (e.g. flooding or water leak, fire, criminal activity, etc.) Kumba will act independently and take the initiative to mitigate any further damage or liability, but will make every effort to communicate with you, the owner, as soon as is possible to do so.
- How do you handle hurricane season?
We have a full guide for our tenants on how we handle Hurricane Season. Please see our Hurricane Preparedness Guide for more information.